Welcome, Bar Applicants!
(866) 429-8889 | contact us | © Copyright 2017 ExamSoft Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
When it’s time to test, you can launch SofTest and easily take your Exam. You will be also given these instructions including your exam password on the exam day.
NYLE: The following Exam Day information is only for Bar applicants. If you are taking the New York Law Exam, please refer to the specific Exam Day instructions emailed to you
- Click ‘SofTest v11’ icon.
- Click the ‘Take an Exam’ button.
- Select exam from the dropdown menu.
- Select Exam Name
- Enter Password provided by a proctor
- Click the ‘START’ button.
- Read each Notice Window carefully and click ‘Next’ to advance to each window.
- STOP when the STOP sign appears.
- DO NOT TYPE “Begin” until instructed. Click the ‘Begin’ button to start the test.
- Compose your answer for each question in the text box.
- Use the ‘blue arrow keys’ at the top of the exam window to navigate between questions.
- SofTest will automatically save your answers in the exam every 60 seconds
- SofTest automatically creates all headers, page numbers, and margins that can be included when printed by the Bar Examiners. It will single space the essay responses on your screen.
- When leaving your seat (i.e. restroom break), block your screen by clicking the ‘Actions’ menu, then Hide Exam.
- Once closed, the exam file cannot be reopened.
- Click ‘Exit and Save’ button.
- Click the ‘Close Exam’ button.
- On the final yellow screen, click the ‘Exit and Upload’ button.
- You will be returned to your desktop.
- If you are connected to a wireless connection, the upload of your answer file begins immediately.
- If not, you will receive an ALERT screen. You will need to click on the ‘Quit’ button.
What should I do on Exam Day?
- Bring your registered laptop, a fully charged battery, and an electrical extension cord (6 feet). Check with your institution to see if you are allowed to bring an external mouse and full-size keyboard.
- Ensure that your computer’s internal clock has the correct date.
- Use the instructions that will be provided to you on exam day to launch SofTest.
- Follow the Exam Information received for Internet Connectivity and uploading your answers.
- Bar applicants who do not take the time to become familiar with their laptop computer or SofTest’s features, should consider handwriting their exams. No administrative relief will be granted in the event that an exam file is deleted or otherwise altered.
- If you encounter computer difficulty during the exam notify a proctor for instructions.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DISABLE OR TAMPER WITH SOFTEST’S SECURITY FEATURES WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF THE APPLICANT HONOR CODE.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT AND THE SOFTEST SOFTWARE AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY EXAMSOFT ON ITS WEB SITE PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR EXAM. PLEASE ALLOW YOURSELF SUFFICIENT TIME TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH YOUR LAPTOP AND THE APPLICATION.
- COMMENCEMENT OF THE EXAM WILL NOT BE DELAYED DUE TO A HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROBLEM WITH YOUR LAPTOP NOR WILL YOU BE PROVIDED ADDITIONAL TIME TO TAKE YOUR EXAM.
- DO NOT UNINSTALL SOFTEST OR MAKE ANY CONFIGURATION CHANGES TO YOUR MACHINE INCLUDING SYSTEM RESTORE OR REFORMATTING YOUR HARD DRIVE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS.
Minimum System Requirements
Multiple Jurisdiction Registration
Answer File Upload & Confirmation
Exam Day Updates